top of page


How do I choose a Marriage Celebrant

Firstly, an Authorised Marriage Celebrant is registered with the Attorney's General Office and has certain legal obligations that need to be met under the Marriage Act 1961. Other than that the rest is up to you.


Ask your celebrant questions - have you been nominated for any awards? Always read couple reviews and get a feeling for how the celebrant has interacted with other couples from their reviews.  
A celebrant should understand your exact needs and requirements.

What legal requirements are there & how quick can we get married

You need to complete a Notice of Intended Marriage at least 1 month in advance of your wedding date and no more than 18 months prior to your wedding date even if you are eloping. Very easy process.

What are your fees & how can I secure you as my celebrant

Please visit My fees & legal paperwork

During the wedding season October to March, it is a good idea to try and book as early as you can, give me a call or pop me an email, it's as easy as that and we can chat about booking you in.

What documents will you need to sight

I will need to sight the following documents

  • A birth certificate or

  • Passport

  • Drivers licence if you supply a  birth certificate not a  passport

  • If divorced - an original divorce paper (Decree Absolute or Certificate of Divorce)

  • If widowed - a death certificate

  • If documents are not in english they need to be translated

  • All documents need to be original documents

Same Sex Couples

With Same-Sex Marriages now being legalised in this country (finally!) I'm honoured to marry you so that would be yes, I do.


What if I am only looking for a Registry Wedding

I can definitely help you with having a small wedding. Whether it is just you and 2 witnesses or a small group everything is possible with no fuss and exactly how you want it, you still need to complete a Notice of Intended Marriage and I still need to sight documents but with me there is only one meeting or most can be done online..

Do you have a PA system

Absolutely I do and very happy to supply for your use.  Celebrants have an obligation to let every guest hear the ceremony. You can play music through it if needed, plus it is cordless for very very convenient.

What is included in your fee

  • Notice of Intended Marriage & Declaration forms completed and submitted and your marriage registered

  • Presentation Marriage Certificate on the day

  • Application form for a Marriage Certificate from BDM or I can apply for you online

  • Rehearsal if needed

  • Delivery of your ceremony

  • All meetings and unlimited emails and phone contact

  • PA System if required

  • Lots of tips and tricks along the way

  • Ceremony samples, readings

We want to write our own vows

This is something that I encourage.  Personal vows are a lovely way to incorporate your personalities and what you love about each other.  Always special to hear couples vows.


On the day what happens

On your wedding day I arrive 30 minutes before start time. I take care of all the small, tedious details and arrangements like checking the guys flowers, make sure the rings are there, organising guests etc

What happens after we are married and name changing

After the wedding - I complete all the legal paperwork and lodge your wedding with BDM.  If you wish, I can also order a Marriage Certificate from BDM online for you and that is a cost of $60.00

Once you get the marriage certificate from BDM you can then take it to Services NSW and start your name changing process.

Overseas Couples

It's simpler than you think..

If you are planning on a destination wedding here in Australia you can do everything via email.  All you need to do is have the Notice of Intended marriage witnessed by someone from the Australian Embassy or a Notary Public in your country then send to me..

Are there suppliers you can recommend

Yes, absolutely - visit friendly suppliers..

bottom of page